Friday, July 09, 2004

2004 July 9

July 9, 2004 – 7:46 PM Russian Time



Weather Report – sunny and 74 F (23 C)



Adjustment Challenges – the washing machine is too small… the dryer is too small… the fridge is too small… the cat can’t find her food… and it isn’t “natural” to give the dog and cat bottled water just yet…



Funny Observations – on the ride back from the plant today… I saw 6 goats cutting the grass outside an apartment building. Also, Joe has taken to one particular chair in our sun room… I have to keep chasing him out of it so I have a place to sit…





Greetings from Russia… Sara and I are now better rested… I think I’ve adjusted to the time change pretty well… it normally hits Sara a day or two later. Several small accomplishments for the day…



* Figured out how to work the washer, dryer, and microwave (ok – the washer wasn’t too hard since it had instructions that were sort of written in English)
* Stopped by the office today… got my security badge… and met some of my new co-workers
* Sara made a wonderful dinner – our first “real home cooked meal” in Novomoskovsk… garlic green beans, rice, chicken with a garlic and mustard sauce… accompanied with a Carlsberg beer (not Russian – but a fairly tasty beer)



Joe and Rommel seem to be settling in pretty well… the cat is talking an awful lot… I’m not 100% sure why… but she absolutely loves all the windows in the place.





Thanks for reading…



Michael

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home